Day 1 : Fly to Kolkata
Fly to Kolkata.
Day 2 : Kolkata
Arrival in Kolkata and transfer to the LaLiT Great Eastern for an overnight stay.
Day 3 : Kaziranga National Park
Fly to Guwahati and transfer to Kaziranga for a 2 night stay at Diphlu River Lodge Set along the southern bank of the Brahmaputra Riverwas, Kaziranga was declared a wildlife reserve in 1926, in order to save the greater one-horned rhino. (B)
Days 4 : Kaziranga National Park
Discover the wildlife of Kaziranga by jeep and on elephant-back. The park contains about 15 species of India's threatened mammals and harbours the world's largest population of Indian rhinoceros and Indian elephant. Other mammals include tigers and leopards. (B)
Day 5 : Darjeeling
Fly to Badogra and travel to Darjeeling for 3 nights at the Elgin. (B)
Day 6 : Darjeeling
Take an early morning visit to Tiger Hill and witness the sunrise over the mighty peaks of Mount Everest and Kanchenjunga. In the afternoon board the historic toy train to Ghoom and enjoy a half-day city tour of this sparkling hill resort. (B)
Day 7 : Darjeeling
Spend the day learning all about tea, visiting tea plantations and enjoying a tea tasting. In Darjeeling, tea is still produced by the 'orthodox' method as opposed to the 'curling, tearing and crushing' method adopted on the plains. Afternoon at leisure. (B)
Day 8 : Phuntsholing
After breakfast take a scenic drive to Phuntsholing, the second largest town in Bhutan. Spend the night at the Hotel Druk. (B)
Day 9 : Thimphu
Travel to Thimphu for 2 nights at the Hotel Osel. En route visit Simtokha Dzong the oldest fortress in the Kingdom built in 1629. Its name translates to 'demoness' and derives from the folklore that the site is guarded against a demon (B)
Day 10 : Thimphu
Explore Thimphu including visits to the Tashichho dzong, School of Arts and Crafts and a local bazaar. You will also get to visit the Simply Bhutan Project, a fascinating museum and photo studio capturing life in Bhutan. (B)
Day 11 : Punakha
Drive across the stunning Dochu La Pass to Punakha. En route enjoy a short walk to Khamsum Yueling Temple which provides an idyllic spot for a picnic lunch. Spend 2 nights at the Drubchhu Resort. (B)
Day 12 : Punakha
Visit the beautiful Punakha Dzong, the largest in the country. Later take a short excursion to Chimi Lhakhang also known as 'Fertility Temple' as those who pray at this temple are said to be blessed with a child shortly after. (B)
Day 13 : Paro
Drive to Paro, a valley encapsulates a rich culture, scenic beauty and hundreds of myths and legends. It is home to many of Bhutan's oldest temples and monasteries. Stay for 3 nights at the Naksel Boutique & Spa and experience a local hot stone bath. (B)
Day 14 : Paro
Enjoy the spectacular walk to the iconic 300-year-old Tiger's Nest Monastery, where it is believed Guru Padmasambava landed on the back of a tiger in the 8th century. Afternoon at leisure or try your hand at archery or take a cookery lesson. (B)
Day 15 : Fly to Delhi
Fly to Delhi. Overnight at the Lalit New Delhi. (B)
Day 16 : Departure
Transfer to the airport for your next destination flight. (B)
As per itinerary :- B: Breakfast, L: Lunch, D: Dinner.
- 80 days or more before date of departure: 25% of total cost
- 79 - 40 days before date of departure: 50% of total cost
- 39 - 20 days before date of departure: 100% of total cost
Important: The booking stands liable to be cancelled if 100% payment is not received 20 days prior to departure date and received amount will be fully forfeited.
If you Cancel your Holiday
You or any member of your party may cancel their travel arrangements at any time. Written notification or an e-mail to that effect from the person who made the booking must be received at our office. The cancellation charges applicable are as per the published cancellation policy below:
Cancellation charges per person
- 80 days or more before date of departure: 25% of total cost
- 79 - 60 days before date of departure: 50% of total cost
- 59 - 20 days before date of departure: 75% of total cost
- 19 - 1 days before date of departure: 100% of total cost
If we change or cancel your holiday
- We do plan the arrangements in advance. It is unlikely that we will have to make any changes to your travel arrangements.
- Occasionally, we may have to make changes and we reserve the right to do so at any time. If there are any changes, we will advise you of them at the earliest possible date.
- We also reserve the right under any circumstances to cancel your travel arrangements by assigning reasons to you.
- If we are unable to provide the booked travel arrangements due to reasons beyond our control (e.g. bad weather):We shall first try to offer alternative dates for the tour if the tour hasn’t already commenced.
- If the tour has already commenced, then we shall refund the booking price/fee charged to you on a pro-rata basis depending on the portion of the tour utilized by you.
- In all circumstances, however, our liability shall be limited to refunding to you the price we charged as tour fees.
If you want to change your holiday plan
After confirmation of services, if you wish to change your travel arrangements in any way (e.g. your chosen departure date or accommodation), we will do our utmost to make these changes but it may not always be possible. Any request for changes must be in writing from the person who made the booking. All cost incurred due to amendment will be borne by you.
If you have a complaint
If you face any problem during your holiday, please inform the relevant supplier (e.g. your hotelier, transporter etc.) and/or our representative immediately who will endeavour to set things right. If your complaint is not resolved locally, please follow this up within 28 days of your return home by writing to us, with your booking reference and all other relevant information. However, please be advised that while we are happy to assist you in the redressal of your complaint, if any, we will be able to extend only our best efforts in managing/coordinating your complaint with the respective service provider. All third party service providers are independent contractors who are at no time under our control or supervision.
All booking vouchers and tickets will be provided 3 days before departure.