Day 1: Fly to Amritsar
Fly to Amritsar.
Day 2: Amritsar
Take the train to Amritsar for 2 nights at Ranjit Vilas. Visit the spectacular Golden Temple for the evening Palki Sahib ceremony. The ceremony involves a procession of the Guru Granth Sahib (the Holy Book) from the main shrine to the inner sanctum, against the backdrop of the beautiful lit temple and to the accompaniment of drums and hymns.
Day 3: Amritsar
Visit the Golden Temple again in the day time. In the early evening, head to the Indo-Pakistan border for the pomp of the Wagah border-closing ceremony. The quirky experience is a carefully choreographed and immaculately turned out display of synchronised marching and bellowed military commands. (B)
Day 4: Shimla
Travel by train to Chandigarh before taking the renowned toy train for the picturesque ride to the summer capital of the British Raj. Shimla was selected by the British as a retreat from the blistering heat of the plains. Spend 2 nights at the Oberoi Cecil, which offers beautiful vistas of the snow-capped Himalaya and the evergreen valleys. (B)
Day 5: Shimla
Visit the Gaiety theatre where Rudyard Kipling trod the boards, the historic Mall and the Viceregal Lodge. (B)
Day 6: Train to Delhi
Drive to Chandigarh and visit the Rock Garden, a park of paths, courtyards, plazas, waterfalls and thousands of lively sculptures made from recycled materials, which was built in complete secrecy in dense forest outside the city over four decades. Take the train to Delhi and spend 2 nights at the Oberoi Maidens. (B)
Day 7: Delhi
Morning tour of Old Delhi, including a drive past the Red Fort, a visit to the Jama Masjid, and a walking tour of Old Delhi. Afternoon tour of New Delhi including a drive past India Gate and the viceregal residence before visiting Qutb Minar and the tomb of the Mughal Emperor, Humayun. (B)
Day 8: Agra
Train to Agra for an overnight stay in the Trident. Visit Agra fort, a citadel consisting of marble palaces, ornate alcoves and terrace pavilions before watching the sunset over the magical Taj Mahal. (B)
Day 9: Jaipur
Travel to Jaipur visiting the deserted red sandstone city of Fatehpur Sikri en route, known for its array of forts, palaces and mosques. Spend 2 nights at Shahpura House. (B)
Day 10: Jaipur
Morning tour of Amber Fort. Amber served as the capital of the Kachhawa Rajputs for over 700 years until the Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh founded Jaipur in 1727. Afternoon tour of the City Palace which is still the home of the Maharaja of Jaipur and showcases an extensive collection of art, carpets, textiles and weapons, all beautifully preserved. Later explore the fascinating, Jantar Mantar, an 18th century observatory which still contains an astonishingly accurate array of instruments. (B)
Day 11: Patan
Travel to the heritage hotel Patan Mahal for an overnight stay. Explore the local village, nearby stepwell or Badal Mahal palace, and relax by the pool. (B)
Day 12: Delhi
Morning at leisure. In the afternoon, drive to Delhi for an overnight stay at the Holiday Inn Aerocity. (B)
Day 13: Departure
Transfer to the airport to flight for your next destination. (B)
As per itinerary :- B: Breakfast, L: Lunch, D: Dinner.
- 80 days or more before date of departure: 25% of total cost
- 79 - 40 days before date of departure: 50% of total cost
- 39 - 20 days before date of departure: 100% of total cost
Important: The booking stands liable to be cancelled if 100% payment is not received 20 days prior to departure date and received amount will be fully forfeited.
If you Cancel your Holiday
You or any member of your party may cancel their travel arrangements at any time. Written notification or an e-mail to that effect from the person who made the booking must be received at our office. The cancellation charges applicable are as per the published cancellation policy below:
Cancellation charges per person
- 80 days or more before date of departure: 25% of total cost
- 79 - 60 days before date of departure: 50% of total cost
- 59 - 20 days before date of departure: 75% of total cost
- 19 - 1 days before date of departure: 100% of total cost
If we change or cancel your holiday
- We do plan the arrangements in advance. It is unlikely that we will have to make any changes to your travel arrangements.
- Occasionally, we may have to make changes and we reserve the right to do so at any time. If there are any changes, we will advise you of them at the earliest possible date.
- We also reserve the right under any circumstances to cancel your travel arrangements by assigning reasons to you.
- If we are unable to provide the booked travel arrangements due to reasons beyond our control (e.g. bad weather):We shall first try to offer alternative dates for the tour if the tour hasn’t already commenced.
- If the tour has already commenced, then we shall refund the booking price/fee charged to you on a pro-rata basis depending on the portion of the tour utilized by you.
- In all circumstances, however, our liability shall be limited to refunding to you the price we charged as tour fees.
If you want to change your holiday plan
After confirmation of services, if you wish to change your travel arrangements in any way (e.g. your chosen departure date or accommodation), we will do our utmost to make these changes but it may not always be possible. Any request for changes must be in writing from the person who made the booking. All cost incurred due to amendment will be borne by you.
If you have a complaint
If you face any problem during your holiday, please inform the relevant supplier (e.g. your hotelier, transporter etc.) and/or our representative immediately who will endeavour to set things right. If your complaint is not resolved locally, please follow this up within 28 days of your return home by writing to us, with your booking reference and all other relevant information. However, please be advised that while we are happy to assist you in the redressal of your complaint, if any, we will be able to extend only our best efforts in managing/coordinating your complaint with the respective service provider. All third party service providers are independent contractors who are at no time under our control or supervision.
All booking vouchers and tickets will be provided 3 days before departure.